Group Coaching is optimising collective talent in a more effective way than training and it has the potential to develop quicker and better results with groups of individuals. Group Coaching is an emerging and interesting field in coaching and one that many coaches lack the confidence to engage with.
Group coaching is, as it says on the tin, coaching in a group! However, there are many different formats for how that can be organised. You could have one, some or all of the members of the group do the coaching to one, some or all of the group members. For example, a professional coach might coach each of the members of the group or the group members might coach each other.
Coaching could be conducted in one or several group meetings. It can also be done face-to-face or virtually.People distinguish between group coaching and team coaching, generally by defining a team to be a group of people whose members all have the same purpose and goals, and work together in the same organisation. In Group Coaching the individuals are generally a disparate group who have come together for the purposes of learning together.
Uses of Group Coaching
Organisations are made up of individuals who are most productive when they harness their resources and talents collectively. Use Group Coaching for:
- Problem solving
- Leading change
- Developing networks
- Increasing engagement
- Creating joint responsibility for supporting and helping each other
- Handling difficult conversations within the organisation
- Continuous improvement
Benefits of Group Coaching
- Can achieve more impact with a group at a lower cost
- Group coaching leverages the untapped wisdom, support and networking among clients, employees and peers
- Problems get solved more quickly
- Productivity increases with more engagement
- More flow is created in dealing with challenging tasks.
I want to know more!
Get in touch and one of the team will contact you to see how we can help.