Wide-ranging capabilities are needed for leaders to be able to contribute effectively to improving business performance and to meet and exceed both current and future challenges.
We believe that people provide the best return on investment in an organisation: achieving the ‘exceptional’, as opposed to ‘good enough’, is often down to motivated and competent individuals and teams. Great leadership, at every level, is at the heart of strong organisational performance.
Types of Leadership Development
Two types of development activity are required when designing a leadership development programme; we can help you with both through our skilled and experienced consultants:
- Identifying and developing the capabilities of individuals to lead others effectively (leader development) often utilising relevant psychometric tools
- Creating organisational structures and a culture that encourage and enable leadership. This is the aspect which is so often ignored!
Leadership Development programme pitfalls
- Leaders don’t have the opportunity to put their new skills into practice
- There is an absence of strategy clarity around leadership development
- A ‘top-down’ leadership style which destroys any healthy leadership development approach
- Organisational politics or just internal cross-functional conflict. All these factors can impact the return on any leadership development approach.
How to design a leadership development programme
At Coach Mentoring Ltd we work in partnership with organisations to develop the capability of their leaders at all levels. We design experiential leadership development programmes that focus on the unique needs of the organisation’s business and their people, from the existing executives through to those individuals identified as having future potential. With our coaching and mentoring experience, we consider in advance what issues will challenge the leadership programme and how to design it most effectively.
Our programmes are practical and focus on ensuring people are confident and competent to lead and manage others and able to make a positive impact. We encourage practice and review both during and post-intervention to support both the embedding and transference of knowledge and skills back in the workplace.
I want to know more!
Get in touch and one of the team will contact you to see how we can help.