McCann Team Management Profile
Team Management Profile (TMP), developed by Margerison-McCann and based on the work of Carl Jung, lends itself particularly to team building and establishing highly performing teams. This psychometric tool uses a model and language to identify individual work preferences and to give a framework for teams to work with.
We have full accreditation for many TMSDI psychometric tools. Our experience of working with teams and individuals has demonstrated how TMP helps people identify:
- Their personal work preferences and how these link to performance and motivation.
- The preferences people have for different types of work and how this impacts on both individual and team performance.
- The importance of managing the diversity of work preferences there may be, when working with existing teams.
- The need to build balanced teams, as far as possible, in order to have the best possible chance of success.
McCann Window on Work Values
This profile offers important insights into individual working values which are fundamental drivers of behaviour, influencing motivation and the way people work
The Window on Work Values can be used with individuals and teams to help them gain insights into:
- People’s core work values and how these explain the intentions behind people’s behaviour and how they affect teamwork.
- Explaining why problems exist within any group of people working together.
- How people will manage/cope with change.
- What values are important to the individual/team and the behaviours/actions that are important to uphold these values.
- How personal/team values link to the organisational values
McCann Opportunity Orientation Profile
Used to measure your approach to risk and determines the balance of effort you put into seeing the opportunities and obstacles at work.
We have used the Opportunity Orientation Profile with project teams and teams/individuals facing change. It has helped them to determine:
- The different ways people look at the world in terms of opportunities and obstacles.
- How teams work together in relation to risk:
- In times of change, the team and individual’s approach to resilience.
- The types of risk teams/individuals are prepared to take.
McCann Linking Skills Profile
A multi-rater instrument that clearly identifies your perceived performance in fundamental people, task and leadership related skills.
Our experience of using the Linking Skills Profile has been with:
- Individual managers/leaders who need to improve their skills.
- Teams who want to develop their skills to become a more effective, high-energy team.
McCann Team Performance Profile
Provides a detailed mini-audit of how everyone thinks the team is doing in relation to a powerful, fully-researched model of team effectiveness
The Team Performance Profile can be used for:
- Conducting a team performance review
- Project team clarification
- Team mergers
- Consolidating organisational changes
Models reproduced by kind permission of TMS Development International Ltd
Margerison-McCann Types of Work Model is a registered trademark.
Other psychometric profiling tools
Belbin Team Roles
Belbin Team Roles are used to identify people’s behavioural strengths and weaknesses in the workplace. As well as completing a Self-Perception Inventory (SPI) there is an option to include Observer Assessments as part of the process. Combining the two sources of feedback helps individuals to understand their role in a particular team, their strengths and weaknesses as a team member and how to improve their contribution to the team to build successful working relationships.
The tool can be used with individuals and across teams. A range of reports is available to support how Belbin Team Roles are being applied in the organisation.
Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®)
The MBTI® instrument, based on the personality theories of Carl Jung and developed by Katherine Briggs and Isabel Myers, is a self-report questionnaire that helps people to:
- Learn about themselves, and understand where they fit into a framework that describes personality differences in positive and constructive ways.
- Appreciate important differences between people and understand how different types can work together in a complementary way.
The MBTI® has many applications and can be used for a wide variety of development and learning purposes.