Psychometric Tools in Leadership
The Coach Mentoring 360° feedback tool
Coach Mentoring Ltd has developed its own 360° feedback tool due to the response of clients who wanted their own tool they could personalise to their organisational competences/behaviours.
For a small charge to customise the tool, we then offer Feedback Reports at £70 per individual plus the debrief time, depending on which of our consultants you are working with. This is a very cost-effective way of getting a personalised approach to feedback. It offers:
- The flexibility to customise questionnaires
- The flexibility to customise the rating of performance to the organisation’s preferred scoring scale
- The flexibility to include both rated and free format questions
- On-line completion of questionnaires
- Production of comprehensive reports
- Confidentiality to respondents: except for ‘self’ and ‘manager’, the feedback received by the individual is presented anonymously.
360° Feedback is a performance appraisal system that gathers feedback on an individual from a number of sources: typically including the individual, their manager, direct reports, and colleagues. Respondents are asked to complete a questionnaire that allows them to score and comment on the individual’s performance. The questionnaire is normally based on behaviours that are expected to create high performance in the role.
Belbin Team Roles
Belbin Team Roles are used to identify people’s behavioural strengths and weaknesses in the workplace. As well as completing a Self-Perception Inventory (SPI) there is an option to include Observer Assessments as part of the process. Combining the two sources of feedback helps individuals to understand their role in a particular team, their strengths and weaknesses as a team member and how to improve their contribution to the team to build successful working relationships.
The tool can be used with individuals and across teams. A range of reports is available to support how Belbin Team Roles are being applied in the organisation.
Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI®)
The MBTI® instrument, based on the personality theories of Carl Jung and developed by Katherine Briggs and Isabel Myers, is a self-report questionnaire that helps people to:
- Learn about themselves, and understand where they fit into a framework that describes personality differences in positive and constructive ways.
- Appreciate important differences between people and understand how different types can work together in a complementary way.
The MBTI® has many applications and can be used for a wide variety of development and learning purposes.
Occupational Personality Questionnaire (OPQ32)
The SHL Occupational Personality Questionnaire (OPQ) is a widely used and respected tool that measures workplace behavioural style. The OPQ provides a clear framework for understanding the impact of personality on job performance: it provides information on the aspects of an